Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Chapter


So this is the next chapter in our book of Life. We get to start our family! We now have the titles of Mommy and Daddy and we have an adorable little boy who is already a love in our life. It's amazing to me how quickly you can just love the guts out of something so fast. We feel so blessed with this new addition in our lives.

So Bryan put up the last blog and it didn't have too many details. So I'll give a couple before I plop in some pictures.
My whole birthing plan was thrown out the window when I went to my last Dr. appointment on August 11th. I had started feeling itchy a few days before, but by then, I had developed a full blown rash call PUPP. (Stands for something.) Nasty booger that covered by whole body and was super uncomfortable. The only way to get rid of it was to have your baby, so the doctor scheduled me to be induced. At the time I wasn't so thrilled because I had wanted to do most of my laboring at home, but looking back I am glad it happened how it did because I wouldn't have been able to go another day with my rash and how inflamed it was. Plus, I now knew exactly when I was going to have Owen!!!
The pitocin worked quickly on me when they finally got my IV in. After they started me on it and broke my water, he was born about 8 hours later. I wasn't able to handle the pitocin induced contractions as well as I had hoped. I went into hospital at a 1, got to a 3 with the contractions camel-backing, and then ended up getting an epidural. So we'll see how my next pregnancy goes.
So our little cutie was born at 2:59 am. He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Nice and normal sized. But the HAIR!!! We have no idea where he got that from. We were both blondies. So these first pics are shortly after we brought him home. Can't believe he's already a month old...

Here's some more recent ones.
Owen's first time going to church! He was such a good baby. Passed out for all of sacrament meeting. I sure do have two good looking studs :)
Bestamor came to visit for Labor Day weekend and we got to chill out with her. Grandbaby #6
Who would have thought that we would go through hundreds of diapers in just a month??? (Brandon and Val, just wait. This will be DOUBLED!)
Sunday naps are very much looked forward to. I guess I should say ALL naps are looked forward to!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you!! I LOVE his little Sunday shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My heck!!!!! Owen is SOOOO cute. I love his eye's, his hair. I can't believe how dark his hair is. Thanks for more pictures :) I've been waiting for them. It is so cute to see the pictures of Bryan and Owen together. I can't believe my little bro is a daddy. Sooo Cute. Love you guy's and we can't wait to see Owen for real.

    ReplyDelete