Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oh yeah, 3d Trimester!

I have now officially hit my 6 month mark! Baby Owen's anticipated arrival is 3 months away. We'll see how fast that time can fly.

Little Owen is around 2 pounds now and just over 14 inches long. He can open and close his eyes and is finally starting to put on weight so he doesn't look like a wrinkly alien. (Got that alien part from Baby Center. They said it first, not me!) At 27 weeks, he does not like it when I rest my arms or elbows on him. He gives me a swift kick to tell me that he is already squished enough!

I have been doing wonderful, considering all the things that could be not fun for me right now. Only little things here and there that aren't that fun. Already having poor circulation makes my feet even puffier at the end of the day with the extra weight I now have. I get these nasty cramps in my lower abdomen, not Braxton Hicks, that make me feel faint. Don't really like those. Acid reflux is my constant friend sometimes. Trying not to live off of Tums. But I seem to be carrying Owen really high, so that might have something to do with it. But really, that's it! I have been extremely blessed and have never thrown up. Sometimes I don't even feel prego until I look in the mirror. Reality check.

Besides the baby, the other huge thing on my mind is that SCHOOL IS ALMOST OUT! Since I am not on here too often, it will probably already be over when I write again. I love my students to death and I ADORE being a teacher, but I am so much more excited for motherhood. Eight and half more teaching, or should I say babysitting days left. My students gave up on me weeks ago when testing was over. It's a good thing that we are almost done with my office to so I can have a place to put all of my teaching stuff when it's moved out of my classroom. I'll put pictures of my office area when it's done.

One last thing, Tootsie is a goober. Love her to death, but she is a goober. Here is a picture that captures it all. This was taken not even 24 hours AFTER she had a bath. NOT before.

Goo. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. And I guess she didn't learn her lesson the first time because she decided to go romping in the tree dirty water again today. She didn't like her kennel too much after that. She grew from a 2 year old to a teenager way too quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kara, I don't remember if I already told you, but the trick for my heartburn was milk. I would drink a glass of milk before bed,(or a milkshake) and it helped a LOT!! Until the last month where nothing helped but tums, and even then not so well. So if you like Milk, drink up, maybe it will help you to!
    Cute belly, and cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking so cute. I love your baby bump. I can't believe you still have three months left. It seems like forever. But I am sure you are feeling that forever more than I. Did you hear Bran & Val's news? Fun huh? Love you guy's. Take care of your little one :)

    ReplyDelete