Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our Tiny Miracle

You gotta love it when a new chapter starts in life. And this is a chapter that we have been looking forward to and major excited for! Bryan and I are going to be welcoming in a new addition to our family!!! And no, it's not our maltese puppy, which is going to happen around Valentine's Day. We are going to have a baby!

I had my first doctor's appointment last Wednesday with the same doctor that my sister Brooke is using. Bryan came with me so we got to experience everything together. When we finally got to the ultrasound part, what a miracle it was to be able to see a little growing human being inside of me! We got to see it wiggle around and watch it's tiny heart beating. The picture above and below are what we saw. The baby is looking at you in both of them. It was a beautiful experience and interesting to see the cause of all of my nausea :)

I am almost 11 weeks along now and due in the middle of August. This summer is going to be a fun one! Hot and prego. I think I am going to be living in the pool. I'm not showing yet, but when I start to, I will be putting up some pictures. Bryan and I are super stoked and are having fun making future plans. God has His timetable and we are thankful for this little peanut!!!

7 comments:

  1. How Exciting!! Congrats. So happy for you two entering that next chapter. The pages keep turning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!!!!! We are so excited for you guy's. I told Justin and the boys and they think that it is really neat! We are planning to come out when you bless the baby (that is how excited we are) We want to see your cute little one as soon as we get the chance :) I've been thinking about your news ever since you told it to me. I am so excited to be an aunt because of my brother this time!!! well.. you two Kara, you know what I mean. So, so, FUN!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! Love you guys. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Yay! You'll have to keep me updated on how the pregnancy is going. :) I'm so excited for you guys. (also - I think it's a boy.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are excited to find out what it is in about two months. That time is going to fly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kara! I have a friend named Kim that I think you may know. Anyways, she told me you are a teacher at a charter school? (I won't mention which because I don't know how you feel about publicizing it...on the blog world anyway). How is that going for you? I have my teaching certificate but I feel so overwhelmed with all the teaching responsibilities that I don't if I could handle it. Anywho, I just thought I would get your opinion and thoughts. I also have a blog or you can just respond to me via facebook. Hope all is well! :) -Camille B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kara! Congratulations! You and Katie are due right about the same time! Claire was called a "peanut" for quite awhile, and this one they are calling a "nugget" until we find out what is coming! Too fun for you guys! So glad I found your blog.
    Love ya, Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. kara! like my mom said- we are due pretty close it sounds like! and we had the ultrasound on the same day :) fun fun. hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete