Sunday, August 9, 2009

A new adventure!

I have entered a whole new world of blogging... we shall see how it goes. Either I will be pretty good at keeping this thing up (since Bryan so kindly told me that he was never going to write on it :) ) or there will never be anything new. I'll try and stick with the first one.
We are on our new adventure and just enjoying every bit of it! Moving down here was a leap of faith, but we know that this is where we are supposed to be at this time in our lives.
Here is a little recap of what has happened in the past month:

-went on our last family outing with the whole family for the next two years. Perry took off to the MTC and then to New Zealand a few days after that. We miss him! But he is doing wonderful.
-I got a 3rd grade teaching position at Burke Basic school. HOORAY! That was a huge blessing. It is a wonderful school and I have already met some wonderful staff members. Teaching almost 40 students is going to be interesting though. We'll see how that goes. They are cuties!
-after babysitting a house for a week, we moved into my parent's basement. Our apartment that we were going to stay in fell through. Bummer at first, but it has been another blessing in disguise staying here.
-because I got a job so quickly, we were able to get approved for a home loan and found a beauty of a house after searching for about 3 weeks. (All of the house info and photos will be another story.) It is in need of a remodel and we are excited to get our hands dirty! Now that we are just in the signing papers process, hopefully we can be in it within the next two weeks.
-garage sales are awesome! I am so glad that Bryan is good at negotiating. That is not in my nature at all!

I think that is about it. I'm telling you, it's not that exciting, but I hope that our loved ones in Utah will be able to get some good stuff out of it. Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a show..... the guest room looks GREAT....Dad and I will have to come and see it...and you..... Miss you both.. Love ya. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this was neat, we are so happy for you. Grandpa will be there this winter to help Bryan with remodeling if he wants it. You know Grandpa he needs to keep busy.
    It looks like enough room in the back for our RV. HA
    We are heading out the door for our great aventure. See you for Christmas!
    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque, the guest room is sicko right now. So in need of a paint job which it is getting soon. But it has your names all over it!

    ReplyDelete